Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Brilliant Idea!



Growing up in the Parker family we had 2 Kerosene Oil Lamps. (see above)
We lit them during Hurricanes, or Christmas. The oil could range from Red to Green colors.
I use to love playing with the wick in the lamp to see how high or low I could get the flame, until Dad told me to stop.
Tonight I got this BRILLIANT idea!
Why not use Oil Lamps as part of my centerpiece!!
So tonight I went browsing online trying to figure out how much they range, They are anywhere from 50-600 dollars..untilllllll I found this one site that has 13inch oil lamps for $6.00!!! It would cost me about 70 dollars to do all my tables! Not to bad for Chelsey's wedding!
I will still have traditional flowers along with the lamps for the centerpieces. I think it's going to give it a real Colorado homey feel. Which is exactly what I want! Plus it's different from the typical candle!
OH and I can have BLUE lamp oil to add COLOR!
YAY!

6 comments:

MyFender said...

that is a BRILLIANT idea!!!! I think it will look great!!

Dr Dan said...

I like it.

Heather said...

Perfect! And guess what??? I have 2 of them! (atually they look just like the top picture) Now to find them....

(btw I think the first comment must be Amy not Sean! LOL)

Anonymous said...

ya, I like it too. We have maybe 2 of them also. Keep finding the deals!!!! love you, mom

Annie said...

That will be beautiful. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Cashel said...
love it... that "matches" your theme and everything perfect.......check my post on flower girl dresses......