Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Taste Matters

I think I found my Baker for the wedding cake.
Pictured above: French Vanilla/Strawberries and Bavarian cream filling
Chocolate/oreo filling
Orange Pound/Coconut Cream filling

Tonight I went to a tasting for a caterer and they had a baker there as well. She looks at me and goes "hm have I met you before" I said "well I work at a bridal shop in castle rock" she said "we did that bridal show at the molly brown summer house and no one showed up!" I said "OHYA!" I worked that show last May with my sister Heather and we had her AMAZING cake..seriously yum. At the time I wasn't thinking wedding bells so I totally forgot about her.


I am SO glad she was there tonight because she has the best orange cake ever (among other flavors!) She gave us 3 slices of cake to bring home to the men to taste!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wedding cake is my favorite part! Cracks me up that you took pictures of the pieces of cake!!!

The Halbert Homestead said...

I had to take pictures!!

Barbara said...

yummy-sounds delicious!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yummm i vote for the orange coconut cream !!!!! HOLY COW that sounds awesome! MAKES me want to go bake it myself now.....
btw what do you want your cake to look like??? I saw a beautiful one on tv today... white, with a "stick" and little flowers going up the side... plain, rustic, outdoorsy, kinda your wedding style look.. anyway